OK, a few simple tips on looking after your teeth:
- This is easy. Breakfast lunch and dinner, eat and drink whatever you want.
- Between meals, and particularly within 2 hours of going to bed, avoid anything that contains sugar. This includes “natural” sugars. If you must snack it should be pure fats and proteins. Meat cheese and nuts are the best things to eat to prevent decay.
- Brush your teeth morning and night.
- Floss your teeth at night before brushing. Just floss the teeth you want to keep. Don’t bother with the other ones.
- Use Picksters if they have been recommended.
- Electric toothbrushes are better than manual ones.
- Mouth rinses are generally a waste of time unless I’ve prescribed you a specific one (like Chlorine Dioxide or Carifree Rinses).